Moodle is Learning Management System. Useful in all academic institute. It is freeware & easy to use, but…to prepare menu there is no direct plugin or option available.
Don’t worry, use following method to prepare menu in moodle.
- Login with moodle admin account.
- In Left bottom you will get search option as follows:
- Type Custom Menu in search box & click on search
- You will get following page:
- By default this Custom Menu Item box will be blank
- Here you can type your code for preparing menu as per the guidelines given by moodle itself:
- “You can configure a custom menu here to be shown by themes. Each line consists of some menu text, a link URL (optional) and a tooltip title (optional), separated by pipe characters. You can specify a structure using hyphens. For example:
-Moodle free support|http://moodle.org/support
-Moodle commercial hosting|http://moodle.com/hosting
-Moodle commercial support|http://moodle.com/support
- Let’s try to understand how it works?
- Suppose we want menu as follows:
- The Main Menu text/titles we can write as follows:
| Home|http://ip address/moodle |
- ip address You can change with your ip address as shown in second line as 192.168.0.100.
- This will create your main Menu which redirect you to the same page as per my code, you can add link as per your requirement.
- Lets create sub menu : It is also very simple separate is with – (hyphen). Single hyphen for submenu and double hyphen for sub-sub Menu.
- For example creating structure as given in upper figure: Lets create submenu of Syllabus & its inner menus.
- Here our structure will be as follows:
Academic => Syllabus => MCA-1
- Our Code will be as follows (assuming we have already created categories as MCA-1, MCA-2 & MCA-3):
- You can give your own path in link.
In this text :
- Save changes by clicking on button “Save Changes” as shown in following figure.
- Your Menu will be ready.
- Enjoy Moodleing :).